Crab & Bacon Corn Chowder with Crab Meat Beignets - 6 oz
- 2 Ea Ears of Corn
- 4 Ea Bacon slices, chopped
- 1/3 Ea Onion, chopped
- 1 Ea Garlic Cloves
- 1/3 Ea Large Potato, peeled & diced
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2/3 Ea 6 Oz Heron Point Claw Crab Meat
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 5 Tsp Butter, unsalted
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Ea Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1/3 Ea 6 Oz Heron Point Claw Crab Meat
- 1/3 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cup Canola Oil, for frying
- Peel and shuck corn
- Slice kernels off cob and reserve
- Place cobs in a pot and cover with water. Simmer for approximately 1 hour then strain to make the corn stock
- In a large sauce pot on medium-high heat render down bacon, about 6 minutes
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes
- Add corn and potatoes and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add 2 Quarts of the corn stock and reduce by 1/3
- Reduce heat to low and add heavy cream and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add crab, stir until warmed through, serve.
- In a small pot on medium heat bring milk and butter to a boil
- With a wooden spoon, add the flour and stir until a ball of dough forms, about 2 minutes.
- Place dough in a bowl of a stand mixer and mix on low speed for 2 minutes or until all the steam disappears
- Add one egg and let mix until combined. Carry on with the remaining eggs until all combined and smooth
- once combined add corn, parsley and crab and salt.
- Heat a small saucepan of oil to 350F, and fry spoonful’s of beignet mix to golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil